Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What's the word...?

I don’t know what I really want to get out of posting, other than just having the satisfaction of putting something on my blog.

I think I just want to say that I’m doing okay. I’m happy and sad. I’m willing to live the gospel, but scared of what that can mean. There is joy, pain, and peace. There are things I am working on, things I want to work on, and things I’ve already accomplished in getting myself to a better place.

There is a lot I want to say about the Evergreen Conference, about my trip to see the New Kid and Max/Here’s to Hope, about my love for the big screen television at my apartment and the incredible movies I’ve watched recently. There is so much to write, so much of the everyday that is beautiful, so much hope mingled in with the dimness that life will never be too easy.

The movie I was watching is now over, the visitors have left and my roommates have mostly gone to sleep, so I think I’ll rap this up now. Thanks for reading…and I think you should comment and tell me how you’re all doing.

6 comments:

Beck said...

I'm glad you're well. I look forward to comments and insights you felt and learned at the conference - so that I can learn from you and your example. I wish I had gone... maybe next year (if you come kidnap me).

Anonymous said...

AtP,

Good seeing you at the conference. You looked good. It seems that things are going better and I hope that they are.

I also really enjoyed the award that I got at the dinner as presented by Darrin of being the "Best Returning East Coast Struggler/Warrior." I however, think maybe we should change it to "Best Returning Bi-Coastal Struggler/Warrior," considering I am from the West Coast but live on the East Coast. It appears that I am just a confused boy as to what coast I should be from.

Anyway, hope to see you again sometime when I am in Utah.

drex said...

I'm good, but too busy to put together a coherent blog post. :P Wish I coulda gone to the conference, but it wasn't in the cards.

Unknown said...

I am good... and I love my Mark to pieces! Just wanted him to know!

Bethylene said...

I'm not sure I count in the "you all" category, but we definitely have not hung out enough recently. I'm glad you're content, or whatever. You have no idea how rare it is for a twenty-nothing to actually care about other people, and the state of the world, and stuff. I'm still focused on my own problems, and I'd find you a little unbelievable had I not met you.

I made 70 points bowling on Saturday, which beat my previous record of 46 points. Fat Cats doesn't count gutter balls, so I got to roll the ball down the lane as many times as I wanted until I hit a pin. Plus, I only accidentally flung the ball backwards once, and I didn't hit anyone. So I'm doing pretty good overall.

Any luck on the stat-counter thing? You are my only link to technology!

Stephalumpagus said...

This weekend was a lot of fun. Thanks so much for everything. I love you tons. If you aren't busy tomorrow, let's go get a pretzel with nacho cheese at the mall!