Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Church

OK it's after 1 am and I'm tired, but I wanted to write about why I'm grateful I have the church and the gospel in my life. It'll be short, since this post is mainly

1. I have a knowledge of deity. I know how I relate to them, and even though I resist communicating with God, He is always there for me. If it wasn't for the church, I never would have had teachers to help me help me start to develop a relationship with God.

2. If it wasn't for me being taught the law of chastity when I was younger, I would be the biggest slut right now. Well, more of a slut than I already am.

3. My job, I am still working at Your Local Inspirational Bookstore and I'm happy some of the time that I'm in a good environment. Even though there are stupid men from rural Utah who call and insist that scouting is necessary for any young man to consider him a worthy Aaronic Priesthood holder. PS my manager has given me an exorbitant amount of time of over the next quarter and a half. I'm really happy he's so freaking awesome about it.

Anyway, I would like to rewrite this post in a more devotional fashion because there are so many things I love about the gospel and even things I love about the church.

PS, anyone planning on attending the Evergreen Conference?

3 comments:

drex said...

Aww snap, I still need to email them and see what they can do to help out a financially-strapped newly-married mixed-orientation couple. :P

Michael said...

I was totally planning on going, until I saw the registration fee.... why couldn't they just have a potluck or something, I don't have $150 just lying around. Hmmm, maybe I could sneak in or something though. Can you help me with that?

Stephalumpagus said...

Hey how do I register? I want to go!